32. Weinberger D, Harboe Z, Sanders E, et al. Association of serotype with risk of death due to pneumococcal pneumonia: a meta-analysis. Clin Infect Dis 2010; 51: 692-699.
33. Fishman JA. Infection in solid-organ transplant recipients. N Engl J Med 2007; 357: 2601-2614.
34. Janoff EN, Breiman RF, Daley CL, Hopewell PC. Pneumococcal disease during HIV infection: epidemiologic, clinical, and immunologic perspectives. Ann Intern Med 1992; 117: 314-324.
35. Kumar D, Humar A, Plevneshi A, et al. Invasive pneumococcal disease in solid organ transplant recipients – 10-year prospective population surveillance. Am J Transplant 2007; 7: 1209-1214.
36. Steenhoff AP, Wood SM, Rutstein RM, Wahl A, McGowan KL, Shah SS. Invasive pneumococcal disease among human immunodeficiency virus-infected children, 1989-2006. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2008; 27: 886-891.
37. Tran L, Hebert D, Dipchand A, Fecteau A, Richardson S, Allen U. Invasive pneumococcal disease in pediatric organ transplant recipients: a high-risk population. Pediatr Transplant 2005; 9: 183-186.
38. Pelton SI, Weycker D, Farkouh RA, Strutton DR, Shea KM, Edelsberg J. Risk of pneumococcal disease in children with chronic medical conditions in the era of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. Clin Infect Dis 2014; 59: 615-623.
39. Picard C, Puel A, Bustamante J, Ku C, Casanova J. Primary immunodeficiencies associated with pneumococcal disease. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2003; 3: 451-459.
40. Poehling KA, Light LS, Rhodes M, et al. Sickle cell trait, hemoglobin C trait, and invasive pneumococcal disease. Epidemiology 2010; 21: 340-346.
41. Shea KM, Edelsberg J, Weycker D, Farkouh RA, Strutton DR, Pelton SI. Rates of pneumococcal disease in adults with chronic medical conditions. Open Forum Infect Dis 2014; 1(1): ofu024.
42. Jayasinghe S, Chiu C, Pennington K, Krause V, Hood J, Blyth C. Rising disparity: an increasing burden of invasive pneumococcal disease in Australian Aboriginals (2002-2014). 11th International Symposium on Pneumococci and Pneumococcal Diseases (ISPPD-11). Melbourne, Australia; 2018.
43. Corvisy R; Enhanced IPD Surveillance Working Group, for the Communicable Diseases Network Australia. Invasive pneumococcal disease surveillance. Invasive pneumococcal disease quarterly report, 1 October to 31 December 2018. Australian Government Department of Health, 2019. Available online at: https://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/cda-surveil-nndss-ipd-reports.htm (accessed May 2019).
44. NNDSS Annual Report Working Group. Australia’s notifiable disease status, 2015: annual report of the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Communicable Dis Intell (2018) 2019; 43.
45. Jayasinghe S, Menzies R, Chiu C, et al. Long-term impact of a ‘3 + 0’ schedule for 7- and 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccines on invasive pneumococcal disease in Australia, 2002-2014. Clin Infect Dis 2017; 64: 175-183.
46. Earle K, Williams S. Burden of pneumococcal disease in adults aged 65 years and older: an Australian perspective. Pneumonia (Nathan) 2016; 8: 9.
47. Yin JK, Jayasinghe SH, Charles PG, et al. Determining the contribution of Streptococcus pneumoniae to community-acquired pneumonia in Australia. Med J Aust 2017; 207: 396-400.
48. Gidding HF, McCallum L, Fathima P, et al. Effectiveness of a 3 + 0 pneumococcal conjugate vaccine schedule against invasive pneumococcal disease among a birth cohort of 1.4 million children in Australia. Vaccine 2018; 36: 2650-2656.
49. Jayasinghe S, Chiu C, Quinn H, Menzies R, Gilmour R, McIntyre P. Effectiveness of 7- and 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in a schedule without a booster dose: a 10-year observational study. Clin Infect Dis 2018; 67: 367-374.
50. Zimmermann P, Perrett KP, Berbers G, Curtis N. Persistence of pneumococcal antibodies after primary immunisation with a polysaccharide-protein conjugate vaccine. Arch Dis Child 2019 Feb 22. pii: archdischild-2018-316254. Epub ahead of print.
51. Menzies RI, Jayasinghe SH, Krause VL, Chiu CK, McIntyre PB. Impact of pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine in people aged 65 years or older. Med J Aust 2014; 200: 112-115.